Weeknights – Monday to Friday, 6pm – 6am
Weekends – Saturday 12pm – Monday 6am
Available 24 Hours on Public Holidays
We provide home visits and telehealth consultations
Servicing the Illawarra Region
from Scarborough to Shell Cove
IS it AN EMERGENCY?
For all emergencies, please contact your nearest hospital or dial 000.
See a full list of our services.
If you have flu like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and/or shortness of breath) or have had contact with a person diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19 within the past 14 days then you must let our Call Centre staff know.
WHY CHOOSE RADIO Doctor ILLAWARRA?
(providing you have a Medicare Card)
Scarborough to Shell Cove
Follow up reports
with your regular GP (where possible)
From 6pm weeknights and from Sat 12pm midday on weekends
Not for Profit
Member Based Co-op
Prevents unnecessary visits
to the Emergency Department
Radio Doctor Illawarra
Radio Doctor service originated in the Illawarra 1974 after a meeting of six local GPs who were concerned about providing quality after hours care for their patients. The service has grown to include over 280 doctors and now provides after hours health care for patients at their home every night of the year from the Seacliff Bridge (starting at Scarborough) in the north to ShellCove in the south.
RADIO DOCTOR SERVICES
- Our experienced, fully qualified medical practitioners can diagnose, treat you at your home and provide a prescription if necessary for a range of illnesses which can not wait until your own Doctor re-opens.
- You or your loved one’s should not need to suffer over the course of a long night or weekend.
- Your own Doctor will receive a report the next day of our visit to you, so they stay fully informed about your treatment.
- We provide medical services to private or group homes, aged care facilities, student and holiday accommodation.
- Due to health regulations our service can not administer the flu vaccine or other immunisation vaccines, please contact your regular GP instead.
We are not an emergency service
Radio Doctor are not equipped to deal with medical emergencies. If you or a family member require urgent attention, please call 000 or go to the emergency department of your local hospital.
WE CANNOT PROVIDE S8 DRUGS
WE ARE UNABLE TO TREAT INJURIES
WE ARE UNABLE TO ADMINISTER VACCINES
Read our Patient Information Brochure to find out all about Radio Doctor Illawarra - Not for Profit Cooperative for over 40 Years Click below for a PDF of our brochure, currently found in all member...
View it at: http://waywardfilms.com.au/project/radio-doctor-illawarra-tvc/ We're very proud of the guys at Wayward for the job they have done in telling our story of servicing so many families across the...
Watch WIN TV’s story on our service
Watch the video below from WIN TV to find out more about life on the road with the Radio Doctor
HOW LOW CAN YOU GO?
Being sick is no fun.